Friday, October 22, 2010

The Great Outdoor + Deet, Adobe Creative Suite CS5, Acute Viral Rhinopharyngitis, and Shooting Zombies

...these are only some of the reasons I haven't been posting any new updates to my blog. Sorry avid readers of Nan's blog! I know you all have been feverishly refreshing this page to see if there are any updates. Well your dedication has been rewarded!
Here is what I've been up to :)

The Great Outdoors + Deet

Last weekend, we went to a campground near Mascal. According to Damon's blog, it is actually called, the Savandurga Hills (which may or may not be named after SG Hill's). 

We hiked up some hills and looked at some rocks and Damon, Kao, Sahana and I got left behind by our group :( The guide had to come back and find us.


After we got to the campgrounds, we played some games and paintballed.

(Pictures courtesy of Varun)
I got to use my video gaming skillz to take down Ajith.

We got to do some kayaking and swimming. Some people got to do both.

We spent the night playing mafia, eating good food, having some drinks, and building a small bonfire.

The area was beautiful...


Adobe Creative Suite CS5

I'm sooooooo excited to finally get this godly piece of software for my mac!! it only took about 6+ hours to download and install. It's just too bad I didn't bring my Wacom Bamboo Tablet with me to India. This week I got to work on the UI/UX for our web application, Chronicles and it's been really awesome. I've always wanted to get better at web design, especially from a BA standpoint. This will also give me a chance to strengthen my CSS and Javascript skillz. I also got some great reading from Sumeet on UI/UX. I really like Don't Make Me Think, by Steve Krug.

Acute Viral Rhinopharyngitis

I finally got sick! Thankfully it was only a cold and not typhoid or malaria. The most interesting thing I got out of my sickness was going to buy some cold medication at the little convenient store by where I live. For 24 rupees (about 50 cents) I got a small tray of pills out of the box. They didn't bother to give me the box, just the tray. Needless to say I was a bit paranoid about taking the medication but it turned out ok. My cold lasted for a day. Magical.

Shooting Zombies

So I downloaded Steam for my Mac and have been really getting into gaming. I am seriously addicted to this game, Plants Vs. Zombies. I believe you can download a free trial version at their website. It's a great strategy game. You should try it out!


Also been playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam. Check out the trailer, it's pretty sweet and pretty gory, so don't watch it if you're faint of heart! ;D







2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! And dude, let's play Left 4 Dead 2 together! I got it like a year ago, and barely played! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can give you my tablet if you want it

    ReplyDelete